Baked Potato Soup
Whenever it gets cold in San Diego (it does happen sometimes!), I really get in the mood for a good soup. My sister told me about a recipe for Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup, and I was excited to try it!
I must say it's quite delicious and very easy to make!
<< Back to Soups, Sauces, & Dressings Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 4 lbs. of Potatoes (red skin, Yukon gold or russet), cubed
- 1 cup Onion, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Half and Half
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, and Cavender’s
- Toppings: Sharp shredded cheese and Bacon pieces
- Start by washing and/or peeling the potatoes and then cut them in cubes. I used red skin potatoes and left the skins on.
- Place the potatoes in a lightly greased (I use nonstick cooking spray) slow cooker. Layer the sliced onions, minced garlic, seasonings, and chicken broth. The chicken broth will not cover the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on a low setting for 8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or use a fork and large spoon to mash if you don't have a potato masher.
- Stir in 2 cups of half and half and more seasoning. Cover and cook on high setting for 30 minutes or until soup is heated thoroughly.
- While soup is heating, cook the bacon.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and bacon pieces.