This recipe for Banana Bread is perfect for those bananas that you have let ripen a little too much to eat. Instead of throwing them out, try making this Banana Bread which combines the obvious flavor of banana with chocolate morsels.
Personally, I enjoy this bread in the morning as a side to my coffee because the chocolate and banana pair well with my Italian roast coffee. It's also good with a glass of milk or even to serve as a dessert topped with vanilla ice cream.
<< Back to Breakfast Recipes
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 ½ Cups Flour (plus a tablespoon for greasing pan)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Use a stick of butter, and lightly rub the butter all over the loaf pan making sure to get in the corners. Then, use a tablespoon of flour to lightly dab all over the pan shaking it over the sink so it spreads evenly but does not make a mess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the vegetable oil, bananas, and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not over mix) and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.