I first had Banana Cupcakes at a party about a month ago, and they were so delicious. I had to ask my friend for her recipe. The cupcakes that I baked turned out just as I remembered - super moist with the perfect hint of banana.
Now, while the final result was a victory, the process did not go without a hitch. The cupcake recipe calls for a chocolate meringue frosting. I was either in a hurry to finish the cupcakes, or I am not good at making meringues, but ultimately, my attempt failed. In a pinch for time, I ran to the store and bought Duncan Hines chocolate frosting (as shown in the picture above). I think I just heard you gasp! But bottom line, the cupcakes were fantastic and my co-workers loved them.
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 2 large Bananas, mashed
- 1 (18.25oz) package of Butter Cake mix
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your 2 cupcake pans by placing the wrappers in each holder.
- Put 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice in a measuring cup with 2/3 cup milk. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork, adding the remaining Tablespoon of lemon juice to them as you mash. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and baking soda. Stir to combine. Add bananas, softened butter, milk mix, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on low until moistened (30 seconds). Beat at medium for 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture in to cupcake holders until 2/3 full. Bake for 20-24 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if the cake is done, by sticking it in the middle of the cupcake. Your cake is done when the toothpick is clear. (My cupcakes were perfectly moist, baking for 20 minutes.)