The recipe for Barbeque Cheeseburgers is one of my favorite ways to prepare a gourmet hamburger. It has little prep time and can be cooked on the grill or stovetop. Just put the hamburger, desired cheese, barbeque sauce, and seasonings in a bowl and mix thoroughly. The barbeque sauce combined in the mixture (not added on top) really adds flavor to the ground beef!
This recipe makes 4 servings (4 burgers).
<< Back to Beef Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheese, shredded or chopped (use your preference of Gouda, Feta, Gorgonzola, or Cheddar)
- 4 Cheese slices (personal preference) for topping
- Seasonings: Pepper and Cavender’s
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- Traditional Condiments
- Break up beef in large bowl. Mix in desired choice of cheese, barbecue sauce, and seasonings; toss. Divide into 4 portions and form each into a patty.
- Preheat your grill to medium-medium high heat. Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 7 to 8 minutes per side for well done.
- Stove top directions: Spray frying pan with cooking spray. Add a little bit of olive oil to pan and heat on medium high. Add patties and cook for 2 minutes. Flip burgers and continue cooking for about 3 minutes. Turn heat to medium-medium low, and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness.
- For added flavor, cook a couple pieces of bacon and crumble on top. In the picture above, I sliced a piece of chipotle gouda cheese and placed it on top of the burger. Serve with traditional condiments on a Kaiser roll.