Good ole butterbeans! My dad started farming butterbeans and peas when I was in high school, and I worked for him every summer delivering butterbeans to different vendors around South Carolina. This helped me earn the title of “Butterbean Queen.”
Butterbeans go well with a lot of different meals, but my personal favorite is Chicken Perlo.
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound of Butterbeans, shelled
- 1 Beef (or Chicken) Bouillon Cube
- Salt, Pepper, and Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp of Butter
- Using a medium sized pot, fill the pot 1/3 full with water. Add butter and a bouillon cube and bring to a boil.
- Add the butterbeans and seasonings and allow them to come to a boil before turning the eye to medium-low. Watch carefully because the beans can boil over!
- Let simmer for 30 minutes. Enjoy!