Carolina Gold Chicken Wings
Originally from South Carolina, I love a good barbecue sauce. More specifically, I enjoy a good Carolina Gold sauce because it combines the flavors of mustard and vinegar to really add flavor to chicken or other meat. Like any good cook, I continually refine my recipe for this sauce, so feel free to do the same!
This sauce can be applied to regular or boneless wings. I prefer to grill my wings because the charred flavor from the grill adds even more flavor to the Carolina Gold sauce.
<< Back to Chicken Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, halved
- 1 1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard
- 5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Distilled Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Ziploc Bag, Gallon size
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small pot or saucepan. Simmer ingredients for 4-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- After sugar is fully dissolved, remove sauce from heat and let cool. Once cool, add half of the sauce to the Ziploc bag. Add chicken to bag and marinate chicken in refridgerator for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to 350-400 degrees. Sear marinated chicken for two minutes on each side on high heat. Once seared, lower heat and grill for an additional two to three minutes on each side until done.
- Reheat sauce on low heat, stirring occasionally. Once heated, dunk chicken tenders in sauce and remove.
- Serve over cut cabbage and with carrots. Also, serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for extra flavor.