Ritzy Cheddar Chicken is a fantastic chicken dish with a mixture of Ritz cracker crumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, minced garlic, and other seasonings on top. Say no more, right?
The key to this recipe is to grate the cheese very fine. I have previously used store-bought shredded cheese, but the mixture does not melt together very well.
This dish pairs well with any vegetable, but my favorite is green beans tossed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped red onions, and sliced almonds!
<< Back to Chicken Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound Chicken Tenders, trimmed (or chicken breasts)
- 16 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 6 oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- Salt, Pepper, and Cavenders to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ritz cracker crumbs, grated cheddar cheese, chopped garlic, and seasonings together. I use my hands to make sure everything mixes well.
- Take one chicken strip and lightly dip it in the butter, then in the cheese mixture, and place it mixture side down on your foiled dish. Repeat this step until you have used all the chicken.
- Evenly spread remaining cheese mixture on top of your chicken.
- Pour remaining melted butter on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.