This recipe for Chili is one that my mother has been making for years. It's a unique recipe because it does not have beans and has a secret ingredient... beer! You can literally whip this meal together in less than 30 minutes, and it is perfect for a cold afternoon, a tailgate, or to eat as leftovers.
This Chili is delicious and topped with sour cream and cheddar cheese. I usually serve the Chili with Frito's, Tostito's, or some warm corn bread!
<< Back to Soups and Sauces Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 packets French's Chili-O mix, Original
- 1 28 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce can Beer
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce (you will only use a few tablespoons)
- Spray a large pot with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the ground beef in the pot over medium high heat. Once the ground beef has browned, drain the grease.
- Add the French's Chili-O mix to the ground beef and stir.
- Next, add the tomatoes to the pot and stir.
- Add the beer to the pot and turn the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- If needed, use the tomato sauce to thicken the Chili (approximately 2-3 tablespoons).