My mother-in-law gave this recipe to me for Chocolate Eclair Cake. The soft graham cracker layers with vanilla pudding in between topped with chocalate make for a delectable dessert!
This recipe is very forgiving. For those who may want to create a healthier dessert, substitute sugar-free pudding and fat-free milk. Either way, it's creamy and delicious!
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding, 4 serving size
- 3 cups Cold Milk (I used Fat Free)
- 8 oz Cool Whip (I used Lite)
- 2 (14oz.) boxes Honey Graham Crackers
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup Milk (I used Fat Free)
- 1/3 cup Dry Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ stick Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Combine pudding mix, 3 cups cold milk, and almond extract. Mix well and fold in Cool Whip. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers and the rest of the pudding mixture. Top with crackers. The first time I made it, I used 4 layers of graham crackers and 3 layers of pudding mixture.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, cocoa, sugar, and salt in medium sauce pan. Boil for 1 minute. (Or heat in a microwavable bowl for one minute, stir gently, and add another 30 seconds until the sugar and cocoa are almost bubbling.) Remove from heat and add margarine and vanilla. Mix well. Pour topping evenly over graham crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and allow the cake to set for at least four hours or overnight. Graham crackers should be soft.