Corn Salad w/ Edamame
Corn Salad with Edamame is a healthy side dish that is full of flavor! Edamame is rich in protein and fiber which helps you feel full for longer and helps to avoid snacking throughout the day.
This recipe for pairs well with grilled chicken or barbeque feta burgers!
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 16oz package of Corn (I use Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn)
- 1 16oz package of Edamame
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing: lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in medium saucepan on high heat. Add edamame; cook 4 minutes or until they are bright green and tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove shells (unless you buy the edamame with the shells previously removed).
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray and turn burner to medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and once it is melted, add corn. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add chopped red bell pepper and green onions and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place the sautéed corn mixture and edamame in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and mix thoroughly. This side dish is great served warm or cold.