Cucumber Tomato Salad
My sister-in-law makes a great Greek Salad. I love it! At the same time, I find my picky self eating the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. So I decided to make a salad with only those ingredients.
This recipe for Cucumber Tomato Salad is great because it goes well as a side dish or just a healthy snack. The balsamic vinegar gives the salad great flavor, and when properly refrigerated, it can last a few days as well.
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 3 Cucumbers, rinsed
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Prepare the cucumbers by shaving the cucumber peel off with a vegetable peeler. Discard the peel. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove/discard the seeds. Then, slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Mix the Balsamic Vinegar, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Place the sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in a medium bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar dressing and stir together.