I am not usually a fan of breakfast foods, but I make an exception for my mother's French Toast. When topped off with syrup, powder sugar, and your choice of fruit, this is a meal that is delicious for any morning!
<< Back to Breakfast Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 loaf of French bread, sliced in to 1 ½ inch pieces (about 10 slices)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees on the warming setting. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix until well blended.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and melt two tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Soak one slice of bread in egg mixture, coat evenly, and add to skillet; repeat 5 times. (I was able to fit 6 slices in my skillet at one time.) Cook for two minutes on each side until light brown (approximately 6 minutes total). Once finished, move the French toast to a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the warm oven until ready to serve.
- For the second batch, add the remaining two tablespoons of butter to the large skillet over medium high heat and repeat the directions above.
- Top with powdered sugar, syrup, and/or your choice of fruit.