German Style Potatoes are one of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes. I love to saute the potatoes; they are nicely seared on the outside but are soft on the inside. This side dish is great with chicken, beef or seafood!
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 4 Russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Cavenders, or Cajun Seasoning
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the tablespoon of butter in the skillet, and turn heat to medium high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic; cook for 1 minute. Next, add the sliced potatoes and seasonings.
- Cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Sear the potatoes so they have a golden brown color to the edges.
- Cover with a lid and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes. Cooking the potatoes with the lid on, allows the potatoes to soften.
- Remove lid and add the onions, olive oil, and more seasonings. Turn the heat back to medium high and cook for about 10 minutes; stirring often (potatoes will stick to skillet).
- Turn the potatoes down to low/simmer until ready to serve.