Gooey Butter Cake
This recipe for Gooey Butter Cake Bars was given to me on a plane ride from Atlanta to San Diego. I was working on creating new recipes and the guy sitting next to me, Javon, asked me about my blog. I told him how I love trying out new desserts and so he gave me two of his favorites to try.
I love Gooey Butter Cake Bars because they are easy to make and take with you to parties or tailgates. This is a great treat for those who cannot have chocolate but still love sweets!
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 stick of Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 8oz. package of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb. (or 4 cups) of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla (recipe called for tablespoon)
- Combine melted butter, eggs, and cake mix together in one large mixing bowl. Stir mixture until the mixture is a dough-like consistency. Next, evenly press the dough in the greased baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until light. Next, add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix well. Once your mixture is evenly mixed, slowly add the powdered sugar. Your mixture should eventually be a goo-like consistency. Pour over crust and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Watch carefully so the cake does not burn.