Grilled Ahi Tuna
Grilled Ahi Tuna is an extremely easy recipe for both those who aren't experts in the kitchen or those who are short on time. The sesame seed flavor on the outside combined with the three part sauce gives this fish excellent flavor.
Of note, when using sesame seed oil, understand that it goes a long way. I simply use a dab of it on each tuna steak and then use a basting brush to cover it. Also, while the sauce follows a 3-2-1 amount for Hoisin, Soy, and Siracha, feel free to adjust to your personal taste. However, understand that it still has a kick as is!
<< Back to Seafood Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 Ahi Tuna Steaks (room temperature)
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sesame Oil
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Siracha Hot Sauce
- Place tuna steaks on a cutting board or other preparation surface and allow the fish to come to room temperature (approximately 15 minutes).
- Use a basting brush to lightly coat each fish steak in olive oil. Add a dab of sesame oil to the top of each steak. Once again, use the basting brush to coat the fish.
- Lightly cover the fish with black pepper. Add sesame seeds to fish and spread evenly on top. Once covered, gently press the sesame seeds into the fish so they remain on the fish while grilling.
- Turn over the tuna steaks and add oil olive, sesame oil, black pepper, and sesame seeds on the reverse sides.
- Pre-heat grill to 375-400 degrees. I like to use a gas grill which has searing burners, but any grill on high heat will suffice.
- Sear ahi tuna steaks on each side for 2 minutes. Remove from grill, and allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- To make the three part sauce, simple use 3 parts Hoisin, 2 parts Soy, and 1 part Siracha Hot Sauce.
- Serve as ahi tuna steaks or sliced over romaine lettuce and greens.