I love trying new recipes for any type of vegetable but especially asparagus!
While I usually enjoy thinner asparagus stalks, you will want to use thicker asparagus in order for them to hold on the skewers. Marinate the asparagus in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper for about 15 minutes before grilling. Then skewer the asparagus and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
Don't forget to soak the skewers for 20 minutes in water before grilling so the skewers do not burn!
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- Asparagus (approx. 12 spears)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 skewers
- Wash and trim the asparagus and place in a shallow dish.
- Skewer the asparagus. (Make sure you put the skewer through the thick part of the asparagus).
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil for easy clean up.
- In a bowl mix together oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic powder. Pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper over the asparagus.
- Allow asparagus to marinate for about at least 15 minutes.
- Place skewered asparagus on the top rack of the grill over med-high heat.
- Grill for 3 minutes, then flip and grill another 3 minutes.