Hot Crab Dip
In San Diego, Rob and I would have dinner parties with our friends Ruth and Ryan. I always looked forward to our gatherings to spend time with them and to try the new dishes Ruth would make. One appetizer she made for us was Hot Crab Dip. I am certain we all were full on this delicious appetizer before the main meal was ready!
This appetizer is best served warm with crackers, sliced French bread, or toast points.
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon or Lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, minced, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 lb jumbo Lump Crabmeat, free of shells
- Hot Sauce, couple shakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grate a cup of jack cheese and toss it into the crab meat. Then add parmesan cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, garlic, salt, dry mustard, hot sauce, ground pepper, and bind it with mayonnaise. Gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or toast points.