April showers, bring May flowers... and great weather for grilling! This recipe for Jalapeno Poppers is not only a perfect appetizer idea for grilling, but it would be great to make for your Cinco de Mayo party! Rob and I first had this tasty appetizer at our friend's house, and I am so glad Ruth and Ryan shared this recipe with me.
Jalapeno Poppers are easy to prepare. Just slice the washed jalapenos in half and remove all the seeds (unless you want to surprise a friend or have that extra kick). Then stuff the jalapenos with herb cream cheese, and wrap in bacon. Grill the jalapeno poppers on the top rack until the bacon is cooked.
<< Back to Appetizers Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 10 Jalapenos, fresh and whole
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese Spread, chive and onion flavored
- 1 package of Bacon
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Cut the jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese. Wrap each half with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on top rack of preheated grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked.