Lemon Chicken is one of my new favorite ways to prepare chicken on the grill. The zesty lemon mixture is very easy to make and only takes 2 hours to marinate before grilling.
In the picture above, I served the chicken over a salad with a light oil and vinegar based dressing. The chicken has much flavor so you want to keep this one simple! I also recommend serving Lemon Chicken with German Potatoes and/or Sauteed Asparagus.
<< Back to Chicken Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil (or Canola Oil)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Onion, chopped and grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 4-6 Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
- Place the chopped onion in a food processor and grate the onion until very fine. Add the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Blend until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of lemon marinade and chill.
- Place the chicken in a large zip-top freezer bag and pour remaining mixture in the bag. Seal the bag and chill for 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium high heat (350-400 degrees) for 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Baste chicken frequently with 1/4 cup marinade that was previously set aside.