I was eager to make this Asian-inspired dish after Rob and I recently went to dinner and he ordered Lettuce Wraps.
To my surprise, Lettuce Wraps are very easy to make and have minimal cooking time! The best part is that they are healthy and full of flavor!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
<< Back to Chicken Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, ground
- 1/4 cup Water Chestnuts, chopped fine
- ¼ cup Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon & ¼ teaspoon Soy Sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine or Dry Sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sugar
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed (careful not to break)
- ¼ cup Carrots, shaved or sliced thin
- 4 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Sauce, I used Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
HOISIN SPICY SAUCE:
- Place the mushrooms in hot water to soften for about 5 minutes. Remove stems and chop fine. Combine soy sauces, oyster sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, rice wine, sugar, and pepper in a bowl.
- Combine ground chicken, softened mushrooms and water chestnuts into a bowl. Pour sauce over chicken; toss. Let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, prepare the Hoisin Spicy Sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic; cook until golden, about 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir fry until browned, breaking the chicken up as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken into each lettuce leaf. Garnish with carrots and a spoon a little Hoisin Spicy Sauce onto each one.