It doesn't get much more classic than mashed potatoes!
Here is my personal recipe for this traditional side dish.
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2/3 cup Half & Half, divided at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, & Cavenders
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot until tender. Drain the potatoes in a colander and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a potato masher or whisk, mash the potatoes to break up any clumps. Add seasonings, 2 tablespoons of butter, and some half and half.
- With an electric hand mixer, start blending ingredients. Add the rest of the butter and half and half. Continue to mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add seasonings to taste.