Mini Pecan Pies
Mini Pecan Pies (or Tea Tassies) are a bite-size dessert that consists of a cream cheese golden crust filled with a gooey pecan mixture. These sweet treats would be an easy dessert to make for your holiday get-togethers! As mentioned in the recipe instructions, prepare the dough the night before and refrigerate until ready to bake.
The recipe for mini pecan pies was my great Aunt Janet's recipe. Whenever Aunt Janet was invited to a church or family gathering, she would always bring her "tea tassies."
I guarantee that your guests will not be able to eat just one of these mouth-watering desserts.
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- Pie Crust (prepare in advance)
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sifted All-Purpose Flour
- Pecan Mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Dash Salt
- 3/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- Place cream cheese and butter that are at room temperature in a large mixing bowl. Add flour. With a hand mixer, blend ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Form a large ball and then roll out the dough. Using a pizza cutter, divide the dough in half while it is soft. Separate halves with parchment paper and refrigerate dough overnight.
- When you are ready to prepare, start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Using one half of the dough, make 12 balls and press into the cup shape of a mini-muffin pan. Refrigerate the other half while working with the first 12.
- Mix the pecan, brown sugar, egg, butter, vanilla, and salt with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Use 1 teaspoon in each cup.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes.