A while ago, Rob and I drove to Oxnard, CA, to visit Rob's college roommate Danny and some other friends for the weekend. Oxnard is a small Navy town that is an hour north of Los Angeles and 45 minutes south of Santa Barbara. On Saturday, along with 4 other couples, we rented a 10 passenger van and drove to some wineries nestled in the beautiful Santa Ynez Mountains. We tasted great wine while enjoying the views and each other's company.
Danny had planned a picnic for us at one of our stops. We ate cheese and crackers, brownies/cookies, and mozzarella tomato skewers. The skewers are such a healthy snack, so I made them as soon as we got back to San Diego! They are super easy to make and taste so good! Try them for yourself!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 16 skewers
- 32 Grape Tomatoes
- 32 Small Basil leaves
- 1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella, cut into 32 1” cubes
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper
- Marinate mozzarella in dressing about 30 minutes.
- Thread tomatoes, basil & mozzarella onto skewers.
- Arrange on platter & serve.