Peel N' Eat Shrimp
My husband Rob loves Peel and Eat Shrimp, and with this easy recipe, it is not too hard to make him happy.
While previously frozen shrimp will work, the best tasting peel and eat shrimp are those which are fresh. Visit your local seafood market, or grab a cast net and go catch them yourself!
Cook's Note: When steaming the shrimp, less is always more. If you over-steam the shrimp, they will become like rubber when you or your guests attempt to chew. Also, if you don't have a steamer pot, a traditional rice steamer will work as well.
<< Back to Seafood Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 lbs Fresh Shrimp, heads removed, medium to jumbo size
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lemon Juice
- Add water to the steam pot and bring to a boil. Ensure that the water in the pot is approximately 2 inches below the steam basket holding the shrimp.
- When the water has come to a boil, add the shrimp and immediately cover with Old Bay Seasoning. You can never add too much Old Bay; once you think you have added enough, add a couple more shakes. Immediately cover the pot when finished.
- After steaming for 1 minute, stir the shrimp and ensure that the shrimp that have not turned color are flipped. Add a few more shakes of Old Bay and recover the steamer pot.
- Steam for 1 additional minute (a total of two minutes) and remove the steamer from the stove. Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before enjoying.