Pimento Cheese is a southern staple that is perfect for any occasion. It is great for sandwiches, on top of a burger, or even as an appetizer served with crackers as in the picture above. The basic recipe has only a few ingredients: cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and pimentos. I like to add even more spice to the cheese by using a lot of pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire sauce but use these ingredients to your own taste.
I really started liking Pimento Cheese after a friend of mine, Laura, made it for a party. I always thought Pimento Cheese had too much mayonnaise and not enough spice until I had her recipe. She definitely changed my mind!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 4 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3-4 tablespoons Light Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ½ jar of Pimentos
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Salt and LOTS of pepper
- This is an “eyeball it” recipe. In a large mixing bowl, add the cheese and mayonnaise and mix together
- Add the pimentos, couple dabs of Worcestershire and hot sauce, salt, and lots of pepper. Stir all together
- Add more mayonnaise, worcestershire and hot sauce, salt, and pepper to your liking.