Who doesn't love a classic Cinnamon Roll? The warm roll with the white icing is so good!
This recipe for Pizza Rolls is an Italian twist on those delicious Cinnamon Rolls. I came up with this recipe while preparing the dough for a homemade pizza.
As you can tell in the directions to the right, I also prepare an Oregano Olive Oil mixture to baste the rolls before baking. This gives the rolls that true Italian flavor. Serve the Pizza Rolls with marinara sauce as your "icing" or as a dipping sauce.
<< Back to Appetizers Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 (13.8 ounce) Package of Classic Pizza Dough
- 2 cups Mozzerala Cheese, shredded
- Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil Mixture
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray the non-stick baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, black pepper, and garlic pepper. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough on parchment paper and press the dough evenly into a rectangular shape (approximately 15x11). With a pizza cutter, slice the dough into 2 inch strips. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese across the strip of dough. Line pepperonis on top of the cheese and add a pinch of cheese on top of the last pepperoni.
- Begin rolling up the dough starting with the pepperoni topped with cheese. Pinch the bottom of the roll so that the ingredients stay in place while baking. Place the pizza rolls on a non-stick baking dish and baste with the olive oil mixture that was previously prepared.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce which can be drizzled on top of the rolls or used as a dipping sauce.