Potato Boats are a great appetizer to make for any party or gathering where you are serving heavy hors d'oeuvres. They can be prepared ahead of time and placed in the oven to bake right before your guests arrive!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 12 Red Potatoes
- 8oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon of onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar shredded cheese
- Boil red potatoes for about 15-20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander, and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, two tablespoons of cheddar cheese, and seasonings.
- Cut potatoes in half, then scoop a hole in the potatoes and set aside (you will not use the scooped out potato).
- Fill the potatoes with the cream cheese mix. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.