Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to bake for any occasion or party! These homemade treats are one of my favorites to make because of the sweet cream cheese frosting!
<< Back to Dessert Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 12 cup muffin pans
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk—room temperature
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Red Food Coloring
- 1 teaspoon White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the sugar on low speed and beat until incorporated. Increase speed until light and fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- In a large bowl, gently beat together oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined. Divide evenly among cupcake tins about 2/3 filled.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Turning pans once ½ through.