Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
I love asparagus. I love mushrooms. Add in a few onions and seasonings and you have a dish that is full of flavor and complements almost any meal.
The key to this recipe is the Ziploc bag. After prepping the vegetables, throw everything in a Ziploc bag to turn the seasonings throughout the vegetables. It's also less messy than mixing by hand in a bowl.
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound Asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 8-ounce package Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Large Ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is preheating, prep the vegetables. Rinse the asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Place asparagus, sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, and chopped onion in a large ziploc bag. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the bag and a few shakes of kosher salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the vegetables evenly on to the cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes of cooking.