I have become picky about salsa ever since a friend of ours, Paul, made salsa for us. His salsa recipe is fantastic, and while the flavor is intially sweet (the recipe uses sugar), it ends with an extra kick (the recipe also includes serrano peppers and paprika). I had to have the recipe after I tried it. I make it for parties or just to have as a healthy and fresh snack. Thanks Paul!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel, original
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bushel Cilantro, rinsed & dried
- 1 Serrano chile pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- A dash of Paprika
- Drain the tomatoes and Rotel very well.
- In a food processor, add the cilantro leaves and chop very fine; move to a small bowl. Then add the onion and Serrano pepper to the food processor and chop; move to the bowl.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes and Rotel to the food processor and chop; add to small bowl.
- Mix the five ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Add the sugar and paprika and mix all together.
- Chill before serving.