Sausage & Beef Meatballs
Like sausage and beef? Then this recipe is for you!
Since half of the meatballs are hot sausage and half are beef, it is always a surprise when you put one in your mouth. The onions, mushrooms, and bacon complete the flavor, and whether served as a side dish or an appetizer, this recipe is very filling.
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
<< Back to Beef Recipes
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 pound hot Italian Sausage, ground
- 1 pound Hamburger, ground
- 1 package of Bacon
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 1 8 oz container Mushrooms, sliced and rinsed
- Seasonings: Cavender's and Pepper
- First, prep the sausage and hamburger by rolling the meat into 1/2 inch balls. Place them in a container or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until ready to cook.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels and place a wire rack on top. This will help drain grease from the bacon and meatballs.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the bacon and set aside on wire rack. Once you cook the bacon, drain the extra grease, leaving about a tablespoon of bacon grease in the skillet.
- Next, cook the hamburger and sausage balls over medium heat. Sprinkle with Cavender's and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack until all the meatballs have been cooked.
- Drain any extra grease, and then add the mushrooms, onions, and more seasoning and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low, crumble the bacon, and add it in the skillet. Then, add the meatballs to the skillet. Cook on low for about 5 more minutes to heat through, stirring often.