Sausage balls are very easy to make and would be a great addition to any menu.
You can fix these for breakfast along with eggs and grits or have them as an appetizer. You can even prepare the sausage balls ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to bake. Just take them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw for 15 minutes before baking.
I would recommend placing the sausage balls on a paper towel before serving to absorb the excess grease.
This recipe makes 3 dozen sausage balls!
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 (16oz) package of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage (Regular or Hot flavor)
- 2 cups of sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose baking mix
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Garlic powder (a couple shakes)
- Cayenne pepper (a couple shakes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, pull apart the sausage so it is easier to mix. Add the cheese, baking mix, and seasonings and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form in to one inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- NOTE: It is easy to double this recipe and freeze the extra before cooking. Let them thaw for 15 minutes before cooking and bake for 20-25 minutes.