Sausage Stuffed Peppers
I was struggling one night to come up with an appetizer to take to a party, so in my panic, I combined ingredients from two of my favorite recipes to come up with this delicious appetizer.
I used the filling from my Stuffed Mushrooms recipe with the concept of my Jalapeno Poppers recipe. It made for the perfect appetizer, and everyone loved it!
Isn't it fun when things come together out of the unexpected? I sure think so!
<< Back to appetizer Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 10 Jalapenos, fresh and whole
- 1lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- Cut the jalapenos in half, lengthwise.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. When the sausage is done, move to a plate with paper towels to drain the grease.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the sausage until combined thoroughly. Add the mixture to the halved jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Place stuffed peppers on top rack of preheated grill. Grill for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks for a delicious finger food appetizer.