This Shepherd's Pie recipe is not what some people commonly referred to when thinking of this dish. However, I like to keep it simple with only hamburger meat, mashed potatoes, and cheese. I make homemade mashed potatoes for Shepherd's Pie, and it is great if you have some left over from a previous meal.
<< Back to Beef Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1 ½ pounds of Ground Beef
- ½ Medium Onion, chopped
- Salt, Pepper, and Cavender’s
- Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large skillet over Medium High Heat. Brown hamburger meat for 3 minutes and then add the onions and seasonings. Cook down the onions and drain off grease.
- Make the mashed potatoes. Lightly grease a 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Add the cooked hamburger meat. Top with mashed potatoes and then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted or bubbly (approx. 20 minutes).