Shrimp Caesar Salad
Grilled Shrimp and Bacon Caesar Salad is the perfect meal for a hot summer day!
When my brother-in-law Troy made this meal, he wanted something quick and easy, and this recipe definitely fits that requirement. Simply grill the shrimp, cook the bacon, and create a Caesar salad.
You can even use a Caesar Salad kit as Troy did from the grocery store. Toss everything together and you have a delicious summer meal!
You can also make homemade Caesar dressing ahead of time!
<< Back to Seafood Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- 1 lb. of peeled Shrimp, cut into thirds
- 2+ Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (1 garlic clove minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Pesto
- Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
- Caesar Salad dressing
- If you are making homemade Caesar dressing, I would do that first, so it has chilled before serving.
- Peel and cut shrimp into thirds.
- Place butter, garlic, pesto and Seafood Magic (use your own judgment on how much) in a microwave safe container and melt. Once it has cooled, place shrimp in the bowl with mixture and let it marinate. ~ a foot note on marinating the shrimp, leave them out at room temp while you do everything else, if you refrigerate them the outside will get done long before the inside (same theory as grilling any meat)
- At this point I turn on 2 burners on my 3 burner grill and let it heat up for a few minutes. I place the bacon over the burner that I didn't turn on so that it cooks indirectly with no flare up from being over the flame. When bacon is done, place in on a few paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- Place the shrimp and marinade that they have been soaking in on an oiled perforated grilling tray and cook over the burners that are on, keep them moving because they cook fast, you can close the lid a few times so the shrimp take on the smoky grill flavor but just don't overcook them.
- Lightly dust them with the seafood magic a few seconds before you take them off the pan, you want to get them off the pan as soon as they are done so they won't continue to cook.
- Add salad, shrimp and crumbled bacon in a large mixing bowl and toss.