Sauteed Squash & Zucchini
I look forward every summer to fresh squash and zuchhini from J Mac Farms.
This is an easy recipe for any busy night!
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 2 Yellow Squash, rinsed and sliced thin
- 2 Zucchini, rinsed and sliced thin
- ½ Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (or a Tbsp of Butter)
- Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder (you can use minced garlic, just add it to step 3)
- Seasonings: Cavender’s, Kosher Salt, and Pepper
- Once you have prepped your vegetables (rinsed the squash/zucchini and sliced the squash and onions), spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add a tablespoon of olive oil (or butter) to the skillet and turn the burner on medium to high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the squash and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium high heat, stirring often. Add some seasonings to the skillet (salt, pepper, and Cavender’s).
- Next, mix in the onions and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often and adding more seasonings as needed.
- Turn the heat down to low and let simmer until ready to serve.