This recipe for Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms was given to me by a family friend, Mrs. Peggy. She made this dish for our family, and Rob said I had to get her recipe!
The combination of sausage and cream cheese on top of the mushrooms is delicious, and the paprika gives it a little kick. Total time is only 15 minutes prep, and 30 minutes to bake. They smelled so good when they were in the oven, and Rob gave his stamp of approval when he tasted them too!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are great served as an appetizer or a side dish.
<< Back to Appetizer Recipes
<< Back to Side Dish Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 1lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 16oz. Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. When the sausage is done, move to a plate with paper towels to drain the grease.
- Meanwhile, wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. I use a paring knife to trim around the stem of the mushroom then pull the stem up and out. Be gentle because you do not want the mushrooms to tear.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the sausage with your hands until thoroughly combined. Add the mixture to the mushroom holes and then top with extra sausage mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking dish that is lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.