Pasta with Chicken and Summer Vegetables is a dish that was inspired by what is fresh at the farmer's market! My father's farm, J Mac Produce, has a great selection of zucchini and sweet onions to accompany this dish, but you can substitute any vegetable (squash, okra, asparagus) based on your personal preference.
The best part of this meal (besides the flavors) is how easy it is to make, which is great for busy summer days!
Subscribe for new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
<< Back to Chicken Recipes
Ingredients / Directions: Printable PDF
- 8oz of Pasta, cooked according to package
- 2 Chicken Breasts, boneless/ skinless
- 3 pieces of bacon (optional)
- 2-3 Zucchini, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow, or Orange), cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 small Onion, halved and sliced
- 8oz of sliced Mushrooms
- Cheese (Feta or Parmesan)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (or 1 Tablespoon of White Wine)
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook the bacon slices for approximately 8 minutes over medium heat or until desired doneness. When finished, place cooked bacon on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Next, drain the grease from the skillet leaving about a teaspoon in the bottom. Add the 2 chicken breasts (seasoned with kosher salt, pepper, and cavender’s) to the skillet and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, if needed, and continue cooking the chicken for about 6-8 minutes on medium heat, turning periodically, until the juices run clear. Once the chicken is done, move to a plate and slice thin.
- In the same large skillet, over medium heat, add the onions and cook for one minute. Add the sliced peppers; cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. You may need to add a tablespoon of olive oil at this point. You can substitute the Olive Oil for a dry white wine. Then add your mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Adding extra seasoning as needed.
- Add the chicken and bacon back to the skillet and stir all together. Then add the cooked pasta to the skillet; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Top with your choice of cheese. Garnish with parsley